Statement of Beliefs of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church
Bonclarken Conference Center is the conference center of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian church and is a private, Christian conference center. We require that our guest groups do nothing by word or act that will in any way detract from or be contradictory to our beliefs.
- The Bible alone, being God-breathed, is the Word of God Written, infallible in all that it teaches, and inerrant in the original manuscripts.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin Birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through the shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- That for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; that they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- In the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- For all conditions of men and women, the renewing grace and changing power of Jesus Christ are freely offered. To those enslaved in the bonds of any sinful practice or thought pattern, Jesus Christ can bring freedom and release. Today, many seem to be caught in the web of homosexual practices and thought-patterns. In Christian love, we declare that God’s Word clearly forbids homosexual practice as a sin against God. As members of the Church of Jesus Christ we affirm our obligation to show Christian love and concern for homosexuals, and call them to repentance, cleansing, and deliverance in the saving power of Jesus Christ.
- We affirm the Biblical standard for marriage: one man and one woman.
- We believe that the Scriptures clearly and plainly testifies to the infinite worth of human life by virtue of man having been created in the image and likeness of God, and that decisions about life and death are God’s prerogatives and not man’s, and that in the case of rare exceptions such a judgments by medical personnel about highly technical medical problems, human judgment should always stand in submission to the divine judgment and wisdom of God.
We reaffirm that all people are created in the image of God and reaffirm our historic stance that the Gospel should be offered freely to all sinners regardless of race or ethnicity through the preaching and teaching of God’s holy, inerrant, and infallible Word.